If you are a Standard Bank customer and are planning to transact over the weekend, you might want to take note of the following announcement from the banking group:
Standard Bank will be carrying out scheduled maintenance to some of its banking facilities from 15:00 on Sunday 7 October 2012. This could impact on customers’ ability to transact during this period.
Standard Bank would like to apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause. The maintenance is to ensure that customers continue to receive world class banking facilities and service through a banking channel that is most convenient to them.
Standard Bank channels that will be impacted intermittently from 15:00 on Sunday include:
• ATMs – Customers will only be able to make withdrawals, and will not be able to perform other transactions on ATMs.
• Internet Banking – Standard Bank’s internet banking facility will not be available for certain periods
• Cell phone banking – Standard Bank’s cell phone banking facility will not be available for short periods
• Banking App – Standard Bank’s Banking Application will not be available for brief periods between
• Point of sale devices – Standard Bank customers will still be able to transact using in-store point of sale devices
Standard Bank has also informed all of its Access Banking, Value and Mzansi customers that no banking facilities will be available to these customers between 16:00 and 20:00 on Sunday 7 October. These customers are advised to do any necessary transactions prior to the scheduled maintenance.