Social media shy South African bookmakers missed out on some good money this morning when Juan Manuel Marquez knocked out Manny "PacMan" Pacquiao in the sixth round of their fight.
This fight had garnered a lot of interest both locally and abroad and while it has been a relatively big sporting weekend with the Soweto Derby and Rugby "Sevens" taking centre stage, one has to believe that local bookmakers could have done a bit more in the build-up to engage their audience a bit more.
Sure it was an early Sunday morning fight but here's a wrap of exactly what the bookies did on the social media front:
- Voltbet.com had a single mention of the fight on their Twitter timeline in the last 48 hours
- Hollywood Bets had no mention of the fight on Twitter
- World Sports Betting - no mention
- Keith Ho from BetExchange hasn't tweeted since 24 November
- Sportingbet SA - no mention
It is nearly two hours after the fight and here is what is trending on Twitter right now:
In case you missed it, this is the punch that knocked out PacMan: